Follow these free keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions for 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier.
1. Access the programming connector located in the LH trunk.
2. Jump programming connector terminals.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors to indicate programming mode has been entered.
4. Press any button on keyless remote once. System should now lock and unlock doors indicating successful programming of keyless remote.
5. Repeat step 4 for additional remote or other existing keyless remote.
6. Remove programming connector jumper wire to exit programming mode.
7. Test remote(s).