Follow these free keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions for 1997 Chevrolet Camaro.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2. Remove the RADIO fuse.
3. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine) 3 times within 5 second ending in the RUN position. The vehicle will verify entry into the programming mode by locking then unlocking the door locks.
4. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The vehicle will verify programming by locking then unlocking the door locks. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters). You may program up to 4 transmitters. This must be done before the RADIO fuse is reinstalled.
6. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position. IMPORTANT: The remote keyless entry system will not be operational if the radio fuse is open.
7. Replace the RADIO fuse. If at any time it is necessary to restart the procedure, turn the ignition OFF and proceed again with step number 1.
Can I Program an ignition key for this vehicle?
Click Here ProgramAutoKeys.com