1998 Pontiac Bonneville Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
1. Close all doors
2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
3. Locate the OBDII Port under drivers side dashboard.
Note port is wider at top: Your OBDII Port will not have numbers, use this for reference.
4. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. connect 8 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure.) Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position ( as far as you can go without cranking the engine ). Doors will lock.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed, up to 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors. Release buttons.
7. Within one minute, repeat step 6 for any additional remotes if any, including existing remotes.
8. Remove jumper wire from OBDII Port.
9. Test Remote(s).