1999 Pontiac Grand Am Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
If your 1999 Grand Am was built late in 1999
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote.
If your 1999 Grand Am was built eary in 1999 you can use the programming instructions below.
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the programming connector in the trunk (drivers side). It is a plastic connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back trim to access connector.
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals with a suitable jumper wire. Make sure the terminals remain connected throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote simultaneously. In response the Keyless Entry Module will cycle all the Door Lock Motors at once. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remotes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional remotes (including any existing remotes) Do not remove jumper wire in between programming of remotes.
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Remote Connector.