Follow these free keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions for 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe.
This model year Tahoe has 2 different programming procedures.
Use the following procedure for remote FCC #ABO1502T
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use this diagram for reference.
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Use the following procedure for remote FCC #KOBUT1BT
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
Can I Program an ignition key for this vehicle?
Click Here ProgramAutoKeys.com