2002 Dodge Ram Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
ATTENTION: You MUST HAVE one working remote to add one more to the system. If you do not have one working remote right now then these instructions will not work. You will have to have a Locksmith use a computer to program the first remote for you.
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt ( fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure.)
3. Place key into the ignition.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( DO NOT START THE ENGINE )
5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a working remote.
6. Continue to hold the UNLOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold PANIC button.
7. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons. The chime indicates the system is in program mode.
8. Press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously on the remote to be programmed.
9. A single chime will be heard. The chime indicates the the remote was recognized.
10. Within 4 seconds of hearing the chime, press and release any button on the remote being programmed.
11. A single chime will be heard The chime indicates the remote has been programmed.
12. Repeat steps 8 to 11 for a total of 4 remotes.
13. Turn the ignition to the OFF position or wait 60 seconds to exit program mode.