Quick Learn Method:
IMPORTANT: This procedure is not available when the maximum number of 4 fobs
have been programmed. If 4 key fobs are programmed to this RCDLR and this method
is attempted, the driver information center (DIC) will display, MAX FOBS LEARNED
and the programming procedure will exit.
This procedure will add key fobs. Fobs will be numbered in sequence based on when
they are programmed; if 2 fobs are currently programmed to the RCDLR, a fob programmed
using this method will be numbered as Fob 3. This procedure requires that you have a
known good key fob, a replacement key fob, and the vehicle's mechanical key.
1. The vehicle must be off.
2. Open rear compartment
3. Place a known key fob within the interior of the vehicle.
4. At the rear of the vehicle, insert the vehicle key into the rear compartment lock cylinder,
located above the license plate and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.
5. The DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 2, 3, or 4).
6. Place the replacement key fob in the glove box fob pocket with the buttons facing right.
7. A beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 3 or 4) or
MAX FOBS LEARNED.
8. If programming additional key fobs, repeat steps 5 and 6, or press the OFF/ACC portion
of the ignition switch to exit programming mode.
9. Operate the active portion of each key fob in order to verify correct system operation. Disclaimer