2005 Scion XB Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
2005 Scion xB Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
1. Driver's door open, key removed from ignition switch.
2. Within 5 seconds, insert and remove key from ignition switch twice.
3. Within 40 seconds, close and open driver's door twice.
4. Insert and remove key from ignition switch.
5. Within 40 seconds, close and open driver's door twice.
6. Insert key into ignition switch and close the driver's door.
7. Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a remote while retaining the original codes. Switch ignition ON and OFF twice to program remote while erasing the original code. Switch ignition ON and OFF three times to check how many remotes are currently registered or five times to erase all registered remotes.
8. Remove key from ignition switch.
9. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice, or five times depending on which mode has been selected. Once to four times, slowly, to indicate how many remotes are programmed.
10. Within 40 seconds: Press and release LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously.
11. Within 3 seconds: Press remote LOCK or UNLOCK button.
12. System should now LOCK and UNLOCK vehicle. Once to confirm registration, twice to indicate programming has failed.
13. Within 40 seconds, repeat step 10 to program additional remotes. Up to 4 remotes can be programmed.
14. To exit programming mode, open driver's door.