2006 Toyota Prius keyless entry remote fob smart key programming instructions.
If your remote has a Silver Toyota Logo on back there is no manual on board procedure to program this remote. This remote will require special equipment to be connected the vehicle to program the remote.
If your remote has a Black Toyota Logo on the back use these instructions to program the remote.
- Driver’s door open, remote transmitter removed from ignition switch slot
- Within 5 seconds: Insert and remove the remote transmitter from the ignition switch slot twice
- Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver’s door twice
- Insert and remove the remote transmitter from the ignition switch slot twice
- Insert the remote transmitter into the ignition switch slot and close the driver’s door
- Within 40 seconds. NOTE: DO NOT depress brake pedal whilst carrying out the following operations. Press POWER button to switch ignition ON (amber LED illuminated) and OFF once to program a remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes. Three times to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered or five times to erase all registered codes.
- Remove remote transmitter from ignition switch slot
- Within 5 seconds: System should now lock and unlock vehicle once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of remote transmitters registered
- Within 40 seconds: Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
- Within 3 seconds: Press LOCK button
- System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm registration, twice to indicate registration has failed
- Within 40 seconds: Repeat button procedure to program remaining remote transmitters
- NOTE: TO exit programming mode: Open driver’s door. NOTE: A maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed. NOTE: Remote transmitters can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment