How to Program a 1996 Buick Park Avenue Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
1. Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position
2. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use this diagram for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Close door.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine). Doors will lock.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
Can I Program an ignition key?