How to Program a 1996 Chevrolet Impala Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Access the programming connector located in the LH trunk. Trim may have to be pulled back to access programming connector. ( Connector has black/white wires leading up to it and it is not connected to anything.)
2. Jump programming connector terminals.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors and trunk lid to indicate programming mode has been entered. Trunk lid must have activated before proceeding.
4. Press any button on keyless remote once. System should now lock and unlock doors and trunk lid, indicating successful programming of keyless remote. Trunk lid must have activated before proceeding.
5. Repeat step 4 for additional remote or other existing keyless remote.
NOTE: A maximum of only two Keyless Remotes can be programmed.
6. Remove programming connector jumper wire to exit programming mode.
7. Test remote(s).