How to Program a 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Note: Existing keyless remotes will be erased with this procedure. Existing working remotes will have to reprogrammed also.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area. You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one terminal in the plastic connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector to a nearby bolt or trunk latch. Leave connector wire connected to ground through out procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate programming mode has been activated.
4. Press any button on keyless remote. System will respond by locking and unlocking doors one time to indicate successful programming.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additional keyless remotes including and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming mode.
7. Test keyless remote(s).