1996 Dodge Ram Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
1. Locate the keyless entry program line - a dark green wire with a molded
plastic insulator on the end. The program line is located under the left side
of the instrument panel. The wire is taped back to the harness (Left of the
steering column near the floor) and terminated with a black rubber mold.3
2. Connect the program line from the Remote Keyless Entry Module to
ground with a suitable jumper wire.
3. Insert the key into the ignition and turn ignition switch to the ON position.
4. Press any button on the transmitter to set code. If there is a second
transmitter it has to be set at this time by pressing any button on the
second transmitter. The locks will lock and unlock automatically to
5. Disconnect the program line from ground, turn ignition off and remove key.