How to Program a 1996 GMC Safari Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Locate Data Link Port. It is located under dash on drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use this diagram for reference only.
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire ( leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed and after about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release buttons on remote.
4. Within one minute, repeat step 3 on the remaining remotes to be programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire applied to OBDII port.