Follow these free keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions for 1997 Chevrolet Malibu
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Programming Connector in the trunk (center of rear shelf). It is a plastic connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back trim to access the connector.
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals with a suitable jumper wire. The Keyless Entry Module will lock then unlock all the door lock motors once. Make sure the terminals remain connected throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for at least 15 seconds or until the vehicle automatically locks and unlocks the door locks. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each transmitter to be programmed. Do not remove jumper wire in between programming of transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Programming Connector.