How to Program a 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Locate the Programming Connector leading to the receiver in the trunk (passenger side). It is a plastic connector with one wire leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back the right side trunk trim to access the connector.
2. The programming connector should have one terminal. Ground this terminal to the trunk hatch or a nearby bolt. The door locks will automatically lock then unlock to indicate initiation of programming mode. Make sure the programming connector stays grounded throughout the programming.
3. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 12 seconds or until the door locks will cycle once. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
4. Repeat the previous step for each of the remaining transmitters (including any existing transmitters). Do not remove ground between programming of transmitters.
5. Remove the jumper wire from the keyless programming connector.