How to Program a 1997 Oldsmobile Eight Eight Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Date Link Port. It is located under dash on drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use this diagram for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Close doors.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine). Doors will lock.
6 Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release buttons on the remote.
7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining remotes to be programmed.
8. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.