How to Program a 1998 Buick LeSabre Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
1. Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use this diagram for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact
pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire
(leave connected throughout the programming procedure).
Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle with
respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of
4. Close doors.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine). Doors will lock.
Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first
remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will
respong by locking and unlocking doors. Release the buttons on remote.
7. Within one minute, repeat previous step on the remaining remotes to be programmed.
8. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Can I Program an ignition key for this vehicle? ProgramAutoKeys.com