Follow these free keyless entry remote key fob programming instructions for 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier.
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Programming Connector in the trunk (driver’s side). It is a plastic connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into anything. You may have to pull back trim to access the connector.
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals with a suitable jumper wire. Make sure the terminals remain connected throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously. In response, the Keyless Entry Module will cycle all the Door Lock Motors at once. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters). Do not remove jumper wire in between programming of transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Programming Connector.