1998 Honda Odyssey Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
The 1998 EX Model with Factory installed Keyless Entry System.
1. Open the drivers door.
2. Push the drivers power door lock switch to the unlock position and hold it.
( Continue to hold the switch during this procedure.)
3. Insert the key into the ignition, then remove it. Repeat this 4 more times
within 10 seconds. ( You must complete steps 3 and 4 within 10 seconds
or the system will exit the programming mode.
4. Insert the key into the ignition. After you insert the key, make sure the power
door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK button on the remote. All power door locks
( except the drivers door ) should cycle to confirm that the system accepted
6. To program a second remote, press the LOCK and UNLOCK button within
10 seconds of programming the first remote. ( The system will only accept
7. Release the master power door lock switch to exit the programming mode.
8. Test remotes.
1998 EX and LX models with Dealer Installed Keyless Entry System
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none
of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the
keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode.
You must complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step to keep the
system from exiting the programming mode.
1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
2. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed
remote can be used for this step.)
3. Turn ignition switch to LOCK (0)
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times using the same keyless remote used
in step 2
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote. Make sure the power door
locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode.
7. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make
sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has
accepted the remote.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode.
9. Test remote(s)