How to Program a 1998 Jaguar XJ Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Open boot lid (leave open)
2. Open driver's door (leave open)
3. Turn ignition switch ''ON'' but do not start engine.
4. Rock valet switch (located in center console) 5 times; a single chirp and flash of the headlamps indicate the Security Locking Control Module has entered the ''learning'' mode.
5. Press the alarm/lock (larger) button of the first transmitter. This transmitter will be linked to position 1 of the seat/steering/mirror memory. A tone will confirm that the transmitter code was accepted. Note that the button must be pushed within 15 seconds or the module will exit the ''learning'' mode.
6. Rock valet switch once. Two short chirps will indicate the system is ready to accept a second transmitter. Press the arm/lock (larger) button of the second transmitter. Two tones will confirm the transmitter code was accepted.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for up to a total of 5 transmitters. The second transmitter programmed will be linked to position 2; the third to position 3, and so forth. The number of confirmation chirps mentioned in step 6 will indicate the transmitter count (i.e. 3 chirps for third transmitter). Note that you must cycle through steps 5 and 6 five times regardless of the number of transmitters; if you have less than 5 transmitters just repeat using the last transmitter until 5 cycles have been finished.
8. Turn ignition off and close door and boot lid. Test for proper operation of the seat/steering/mirror memories.