How to Program a 1998 Mazda MPV Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Remove key from ignition.
2. Close all doors.
3. Open driver side door and leave open.
4. Insert key in ignition, Turn key to ON (as far as you can go without starting the engine) and OFF, Remove Key.
5. Repeat step 4 two more times, making sure you remove key each time.
6. Close and then open the driver’s door three times.
7. Buzz sound or chime should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle is now in programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds and return to step 1.
8. All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones. Push any button on a transmitter two times. A buzz sound to chime should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle has accepted the new transmitter code. Repeat for next transmitter, up to a total of three remotes (including any old remotes).
9. After all remotes are programmed, wait 15 seconds or until you hear four chimes signaling successful programming.