How to Program a 1999 Buick Riviera Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the OBDII Port.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not have numbers, use them for reference
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
5. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. Up to about 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
6. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitter (if any including any existing remotes).
7. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Can I Program an ignition key?