How to Program a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use these instructions for new body style
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
Can I Program an ignition key? Click Here ProgramAutoKeys.com
Use this procedure for Classic body style.
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Notice port is wider on top row)
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable
jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make s
ure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the
doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.