2000 Oldsmobile Cutlass Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Remove the key from the ignition. NOTE: In order to successfully enter the keyless entry programming/diagnostic mode, you must complete steps 4-9 within 25 seconds of pressing the door unlock switch.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel – continue to hold down until instructed to release.
5. Insert keys into ignition.
6. Perform steps 7 through 10 in fairly rapid succession.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
10. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
11. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will chime three times to indicate that the vehicle is in programming mode. IMPORTANT: ALL transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, it will deactivate the old transmitters.
12. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for approximately 4 seconds or until the vehicle chimes two times to indicate successful programming.
13. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
14. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.