How to Program a 2006 Dodge Durango Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use procedure #1 for Remote/Key WITHOUT transponder.
Use procedure #2 for Remote/Key WITH transponder.
Procedure #1 Remote/Key without Transponder.
NOTE: Any existing remote/keys not used during programming will no longer work. With this procedure you are only programming the remote portion of the key.
1. Enter , close all doors. Turn ignition to run position (as far as you can go without starting engine).
2. Using any PROGRAMMED remote/key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds.
3. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button. A chime will sound indicating programming mode. Release both buttons.
4. Within 60 seconds carry out the following procedure for each remaining remote/keys. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK button at the same time for 2 seconds and release on a UN-PROGRAMMED remote/key. A chime will sound. Within 4 seconds press and release the UNLOCK button. A chime will sound.
5. Turn ignition to OFF and remove key.
Procedure #2 Remote/Key with Transponder
**This procedure CAN ONLY be used on vehicles built in USA.
**You MUST HAVE two working programmed Remote/keys before you can add a third remote/key.
**If you only have ONE WORKING REMOTE/KEY and want to add a second key this procedure WILL NOT WORK.
1. Using first programmed remote/key turn ignition to the ON position for 5 seconds. (Do not crank engine). Turn remote/key off and remove.
2. Within 5 seconds insert second working programmed remote/key.Turn ignition to the ON position (Do not crank engine) security light will begin to flash and chime will be heard within 10 seconds. Turn remote/key off and remove. NOTE: Some vehicles will not chime, only the security light will flash.
3. Within 5 seconds insert third NEW CUT remote/key and turn ignition to the ON position (Do not crank engine). The security light should start flashing and within 10 seconds you should hear a chime and the security light should go out. Once the security light goes out, the new remote/key should be programmed. Turn remote/key to the OFF position, remove key.
4. Test key and remote.