How to Program a 2006 Mazda Miata Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use these instructions to program the remote portion of your flip key.
1. Remove key from ignition
2. Close all doors.
3. Open drivers door.
4. Perform following steps within 24 seconds.
A. Turn ignition switch ON and back to LOCK position three times
B. Close and open drivers door three times
C. Door locks should lock and unlock automatically, if they do not wait 40 seconds and repeat procedure starting at step 1.
5. Press UNLOCK button of each keyless remote to be programmed twice, door locks should lock and unlock after each remote is programmed. If door locks do not lock and unlock proceed as follows.
A. Close and open drivers door once, door should lock and unlock twice. If door locks do not lock and unlock, start procedure over with step 3.
6. Exit vehicle and test remote(s)
Use these instructions to program the key portion of the flip key.
Key blade must by cut to operate ignition
Two already programmed keys are required to program a third key. The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.
1. Insert one of the programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to ON, leave on for at least one second (Wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster goes out), remove the key from the ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds insert the second programmed key and turn the ignition to ON for a least one second but no more than 5 seconds, then remove the second key.
3. Within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to ON, if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then go out in about 1 second.
If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait one minute and try again.
Use these instructions to program a smart key.
This vehicle is not on board programmable and requires a qualified professional to program smart key remote fobs.
2. If your vehicle is still mobile, it may save you money by driving to the locksmith instead of having them come to you.
3. The locksmith will then hook up specialized computer equipment to your vehicle in order to program the smart key remote fob.