How to Program a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Programming with a recognized transmitter:
IMPORTANT: This procedure is not available when the maximum number of 4 fobs have been programmed. If 4 key fobs are programmed to this RCDLR and this method is attempted, the driver information center (DIC) will display, MAX FOBS LEARNED and the programming procedure will exit.
This procedure will add key fobs. Fobs will be numbered in sequence based on when they are programmed; if 2 fobs are currently programmed to the RCDLR, a fob programmed using this method will be numbered as Fob 3. This procedure requires that you have a known good key fob, a replacement key fob, and the vehicle's mechanical key.
1. The vehicle must be off.
2. Open rear compartment
3. Place a known key fob within the interior of the vehicle.
4. At the rear of the vehicle, insert the vehicle key into the rear compartment lock cylinder, located above the license plate and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.
5. The DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 2, 3, or 4).
6. Place the replacement key fob in the glove box fob pocket with the buttons facing right.
7. A beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 3 or 4) or MAX FOBS LEARNED.
8. If programming additional key fobs, repeat steps 5 and 6, or press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition switch to exit programming mode.
9. Operate the active portion of each key fob in order to verify correct system operation.
Programming without a recognized transmitter:
This procedure erases all previously programmed key fobs.
You must have a replacement key fob and a mechanical key to use this procedure.
Do not have any known good key fobs in the vicinity of the vehicle when programming with this procedure or the programming mode will resort to the ADD procedure.
1. With the vehicle OFF, open rear compartment.
2. Place the replacement key fob in the glove box pocket with the buttons facing right.
3. At the rear of the vehicle, insert the mechanical key in the lock cylinder located above the license plate and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.
4. The DIC will display: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
5. Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
6. The DIC will display: WAIT 10 MINUTES then it will count down from 10 to 0 one minute at a time.
7. When the counter reaches 0 the DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
8. Repeat steps 5-6 two more times for a total of 30 minutes.
9. A beep will sound and theDIC will display: READY FOR FOB 1. At this time all previously programmed key fobs have been erased. When fob 1 is programmed a beep will sound and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB 2.
10. Additional key fobs can be programmed by taking fob 1 out of the pocket and inserting fob 2. You can program up to 4 fobs. If you program 4 key fobs the DIC will display: MAX FOBS LEARNED and automatically exit the program mode. If you programmed less than 4 key fobs then press the OFF/ACC ignition button to exit the program mode.
11. Test key fobs.