2010 Lincoln MKX Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
Programming spare Remote Head Keys.
You must have two previously programmed keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. If you do not have two previously programmed keys you will need a Locksmith to cut and program a second key.
1. Insert the first previously programmed key into the ignition.
2. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Switch the ignition off and remove the first programmed key from the ignition.
4. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off, insert the second previously programmed key into the ignition.
5. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Switch the ignition off and remove the second previously programmed key from the ignition.
7. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off and removing the previously programmed key, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition.
8. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least six seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed key from the ignition. If the key has been successfully
programmed it will start the engine and operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an integrated keyhead transmitter). If it was not programmed successfully, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 8.
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Programming spare Intelligent Access Keys.
You must have two previously programmed Intelligent Access Keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed Intelligent Access Keys readily accessible. If two previously programmed keys are not available, you will have to have a locksmith program the spare key(s).
Note: A maximum of four Intelligent Access Keys can be programmed to your vehicle. If you would like to replace a previously programmed access key with a new access key, or if you already have four access keys programmed to your vehicle, you must have a locksmith to be programmed.
Ensure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Ensure that all doors are closed before beginning this procedure and that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure.
Perform this procedure exactly as described below, and perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again. Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed Intelligent Access Key in the pocket inside the glove box.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating that programming mode has been entered and two programmed Intelligent Access Keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. A message will be displayed on the message center indicating that the new Intelligent Access Key was programmed. If four Intelligent Access Keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, you cannot program anymore and the message MAX # OF FOBS LEARNED will be displayed on the message center.
7. Remove from glove box pocket and press the unlock or lock control on the newly programmed Intelligent Access Keys to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new Intelligent Access Key. If the Intelligent Access Key has been successfully programmed, it can be used to activate the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature and can be used to start your vehicle.