How to Program a 2011 Ford Edge Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Use these instructions if your Ford Edge has the remote head key system.
You must have two previously programmed keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. If you do not have two previously programmed keys you will need a Locksmith to cut and program a second key.
1. Insert the first previously programmed key into the ignition.
2. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Switch the ignition off and remove the first programmed key from the ignition.
4. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off, insert the second previously programmed key into the ignition.
5. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Switch the ignition off and remove the second previously programmed key from the ignition.
7. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off and removing the previously programmed key, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition.
8. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least six seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed key from the ignition. If the key has been programmed successfully it will start the engine and operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an integrated keyhead transmitter). If it was not programmed successfully, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 8.
Use these instructions if your Ford Edge has the smart key system.
You must have two previously programmed smart keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed smart key readily accessible.
Note: A maximum of four smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle. If you would like to replace a previously programmed smart key with a new smart key, or if you already have four smart keys programmed to your vehicle, you must contact a Locksmith to be erased and reprogrammed.
Ensure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Ensure that all doors are closed before beginning this procedure and that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform this procedure exactly as described below, and perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again. Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed smart key in the pocket inside of the center console.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating that programming mode has been entered and two programmed smart keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. If four Intelligent
Access Keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, the message
MAX # OF FOBS LEARNED will be displayed on the message center.
7. Remove the smart key from the center console pocket and press the UNLOCK or Lock control on the newly programmed smart key to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new smart key. If the smart key has been successfully programmed, it can be
used to activate the smart key with push button Start feature and
can be used to start your vehicle.