How to Program a 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use these instructions to program the key portion of your remote head key
You first must get key cut by a Locksmith.
1. Insert an existing first (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (Without cranking the engine) for 5 seconds and back to OFF and remove the key.
3. Within 10 seconds, insert a second working key and turn to ON. The security light will flash twice. Switch ignition back to OFF and Remove key.
4. Within 10 seconds insert the New (unprogrammed) key and turn to ON.
5. The security light will light up for 3 seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. Turn ignition to OFF and remote new programmed key. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to program additional keys if any. All new keys must be programmed within 30 seconds of removing second programmed key and security light flashing twice.
7. To exit programming mode: leave ignition switched ON for more than 30 seconds.
Use these instructions to program the remote portion of your remote head key
1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.
2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press the LOCK button on the remote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful programming, the door will lock and unlock once.
6. Repeat step 5 with up to 4 remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.
7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.
Use these instructions to program new F.A.S.T.-keys to the system if you have two valid (already programmed) keys. Follow the procedures below.
1. Remove the emergency key from the F.A.S.T.-key.
2. While pushing the lock release buttons , remove the cover of the ignition switch.
3. Insert the emergency key into the ignition switch
4. Insert the already programmed F.A.S.T.-key into the emergency key
5. Turn the emergency key with F.A.S.T.-key to the “ON” position. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds)
6. Remove the F.A.S.T.-key from the emergency key.
7. With the first valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
8. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 7. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds)
9. With the second valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
10. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 9, and the immobilizer display will blink on the information screen in the multi-information display. (Perform the following procedure within 60 seconds)
11. Press the LOCK button twice with the blank F.A.S.T.-key and the immobilizer display will come on for 30 seconds on the information screen in the multi-information display.
12. This completes the registration of the F.A.S.T.-key. NOTE ● The indicator light (5) comes on each time a button is pressed. ● The keyless entry system does not work if the key is in the ignition switch.