2012 Nissan Versa Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
How to Program a 2012 Nissan Versa Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
If you have a Versa Hatchback with a separate key and remote you can program the remote with these instructions.
If you have a Versa Sedan with a remote/key combo you can program the remote portion of the key but you will need a to have a Locksmith cut and program the key portion of the remote/key combo.
If you have a Versa with the Smart Key System you will have to have a Locksmith program the Smart Key for you.
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again. If you have a Versa Hatchback with a separate remote and key you can program the remote with these instructions.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.