How to Program a 2013 Lincoln MKS Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Programming spare Intelligent Access Keys.
You must have two previously programmed Intelligent Access Keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed Intelligent Access Keys readily accessible. If two previously programmed keys are not available, you will have to have a locksmith program the spare key(s).
Note: A maximum of four Intelligent Access Keys can be programmed to your vehicle. If you would like to replace a previously programmed access key with a new access key, or if you already have four access keys programmed to your vehicle, you must have a locksmith to be programmed.
Ensure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Ensure that all doors are closed before beginning this procedure and that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure.Perform this procedure exactly as described below, and perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again. Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed Intelligent Access Key in the pocket inside the glove box.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating that programming mode has been entered and two programmed Intelligent Access Keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. If four Intelligent
Access Keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, the message
MAX # OF FOBS LEARNED will be displayed on the message center.
7. Remove from glove box pocket and press the unlock or lock control on the newly programmed Intelligent Access Keys to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new Intelligent Access Key. If the Intelligent Access Key has been successfully programmed, it can be used to activate the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature and can be used to start your vehicle.