How to Program a 2013 Lincoln MKT Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Programming a spare intelligent access keys
Note: A maximum of four intelligent access keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
You will need to call a locksmith if you want to replace a previously programmed access key with a new access key, or if you already have four access keys programmed to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed intelligent access keys readily accessible.
Contact a locksmith to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed keys are not available.
Make sure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that all doors are closed before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if any steps are performed out of sequence. Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new, unprogrammed intelligent access key into the key holder located in the center console utility compartment. Insert the key into the slot with the buttons facing out and with key ring up.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the START/STOP button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating the programming mode has been entered and two programmed intelligent access keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Press the START/STOP button within one minute. A message will appear in the information display indicating that the new intelligent access key was programmed.
7. Remove the intelligent access key from the center console pocket and press the unlock button on the newly programmed intelligent access key to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (press lock then unlock, making sure you end in unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new intelligent access key