How to Program a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Programming with a Recognized Transmitter
A new transmitter can be programmed to the vehicle when there is one recognized transmitter. Each vehicle can have up to eight transmitters programmed to it. For vehicles sold in Canada, two recognized transmitters are required to program a new transmitter.
1. The vehicle must be off and both the recognized and new transmitters must be with you.
2. Remove key base from recognized RKE transmitter.
3. Place the recognized transmitter in the cup holder.
4. Insert the vehicle key into the key cylinder located above the license plate.
5. Open the hatch/trunk.
6. Turn the key five times within ten seconds.
7. The DIC displays READY FOR REMOTE #2, 3, or 4.
8. Place the new transmitter in the steering column transmitter pocket with the buttons facing up and the base toward the opening facing the passenger side.
9. Press the ENGINE START/STOP button.
10. The DIC displays READY FOR REMOTE # 4 or 5, up to 8
11. Press Unlock on each newly programmed transmitter to complete the process.
12. To Program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 8-11. Press and hold the ENGINE START/STOP button for 12 seconds if programming is complete. Return the key base into RKE transmitter.
Programming without a Recognized Transmitter
If there are no currently recognized transmitters available, follow this procedure to program up to eight transmitters. This feature is not available in Canada. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The vehicle must be off and all transmitters to programmed must be present.
1. The vehicle must be off.
2. Remove the key from the transmitter and insert the vehicle key into the key cylinder located above the license plate.
3. Open the hatch/trunk.
4. Turn the key five times within ten seconds. The DIC message displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING PLEASE WAIT.
5. Return key base back into RKE transmitter.
6. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN. then press the ENGINE START/STOP button. The DIC reads REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
7. Repeat Step 6 two additional times. After the third time all previously known transmitters will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining transmitters can be relearned during the next steps. The DIC display should now show READY FOR REMOTE #1.
8. Place the new transmitter in the steering column transmitter pocket with the chrome buttons facing up and the base toward the opening facing the passenger side.
9. Press the ENGINE START/STOP button. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC display will show that it is ready to program the new transmitter.
10. Remove the transmitter from the transmitter pocket and press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the transmitter. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 9-10. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the ENGINE STOP/START button for 12 seconds to exit programming mode.