2014 Ford Flex Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
Use these instructions if your Ford Flex has the remote/key combo system.
You must have two previously programmed keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. If you do not have two previously programmed keys you will need a Locksmith to cut and program a second key.
1. Insert the first previously programmed key into the ignition.
2. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Switch the ignition off and remove the first programmed key from the ignition.
4. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off, insert the second previously programmed key into the ignition.
5. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Switch the ignition off and remove the second previously programmed key from the ignition.
7. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off and removing the previously programmed key, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition.
8. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least six seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed key from the ignition. If the key has been successfully
programmed it will start the engine and operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an integrated keyhead transmitter). If it was not programmed successfully, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 8.
Use these instructions if your Ford Flex has the smart key system.
Note: A maximum of four smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed smart keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed smart keys readily accessible.
Make sure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that all doors are closed before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure.
Perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if any steps are performed out of sequence.
Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed smart key in the pocket inside of the center console with the buttons facing out and with key ring up.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the START/STOP button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating the programming mode has been entered and two programmed smart keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Press the START/STOP button within one minute. A message will appear in the information display indicating that the new smart key was programmed.
7. Remove the intelligent access key from the center console pocket and press the unlock button on the newly programmed smart key to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (press lock then unlock, making sure you end in unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new smart key.