2014 Lincoln MKX Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key
Note: You can program a maximum of four intelligent access keys to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside your vehicle and the new unprogrammed intelligent access keys readily accessible. Contact a locksmith to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed keys are not available.
Make sure that the ignition is switched off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you carry out any steps out of sequence.
Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed intelligent access key, with the buttons facing down, in the pocket inside of the center console.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the START/STOP button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating the programming mode has been entered and two programmed intelligent access keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Press the START/STOP button within one minute. A message will appear in the information display indicating that the new intelligent access key was programmed.
7. Remove the intelligent access key from the center console pocket and press the unlock button on the newly programmed intelligent access key to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (press lock then unlock, making sure you end in unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new intelligent access key.