2015 Lincoln MKS Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key
You can program a maximum of four intelligent access keys to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside your vehicle and the new unprogrammed intelligent access keys readily accessible. Contact a locksmith to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed keys are not available.
Make sure that your vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you perform any steps out of sequence. Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the first programmed key in the backup slot beneath the glovebox door, then press the push button ignition switch.
2. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
3. Remove the intelligent access key.
4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed intelligent access key in the backup slot. Press the push button ignition switch.
5. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
6. Remove the intelligent access key.
7. Place the unprogrammed intelligent access key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch. Programming is now complete. Verify the remote control functions operate and your vehicle starts with the new intelligent access key. If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.