How to Program a 2017 Ford Mustang Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Programming a Spare Smart Key
Note: You can program a maximum of four keys to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed keys and the new unprogrammed key readily accessible. If you do not have two previously programmed keys you will need a Locksmith to cut and program a second key.
Make sure that the ignition is switched off before beginning this procedure. Make sure
that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you carry out any steps out of sequence.
Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Remove the rubber covering from the cupholder. Place the first programmed key in the backup slot at the bottom of the cupholder, then press the push button ignition switch.
2. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
3. Remove the smart key.
4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed smart key in the backup slot. Press the push button ignition switch.
5. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
6. Remove the smart key.
7. Place the unprogrammed smart key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch.
Programming is now complete. Verify the remote control functions operate and your vehicle starts with the new smart key.
If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.