How to Program a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Use these instructions to program the key portion of your remote head key
You first must get key cut by a Locksmith or equivalent.
1. Insert an existing first (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (Without cranking the engine) for 5 seconds and back to OFF and remove the key.
3. Within 10 seconds, insert a second working key and turn to ON. The security light will flash twice. Switch ignition back to OFF and Remove key.
4. Within 10 seconds insert the New (unprogrammed) key and turn to ON.
5. The security light will light up for 3 seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. Turn ignition to OFF and remote new programmed key. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to program additional keys if any. All new keys must be programmed within 30 seconds of removing second programmed key and security light flashing twice.
7. To exit programming mode: leave ignition switched ON for more than 30 seconds.
Use these instructions to program the remote portion of your remote head key
You can program new remote control transmitters to the system if you have one valid (already registered) remote control transmitter by doing the following:
1. Have available all (current and new) remote control transmitters you wish to register.
2. With a valid (already registered) remote control transmitter, press the UNLOCK button (2) for 4 to 10 seconds. Then press and hold the LOCK button (1).
3. Within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button, release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons in sequence. At this time, ID codes for all remote control transmitters except for the transmitter used in steps 2 and 3 are erased and the answerback function (door is locked and unlocked) informs you that the registration mode has been activated.
4. Within 60 seconds after step 3, complete the following ID code registration operation using the next remote control transmitter you wish to register within 4 seconds.
i. Press both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 2 seconds.
ii. Release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 1 second.
iii. Press the UNLOCK button.
The answerback function informs you that the ID code registration of the transmitter is completed.
5. To register the ID codes of additional remote control transmitters, repeat step 4
within 60 seconds after step 4.
6. If no ID code of a remote control transmitter is registered within 60 seconds after step 4, the registration mode is canceled and the normal mode returns.
Use these instructions to program new F.A.S.T.-keys to the system if you have two valid (already programmed) keys. Follow the procedures below.
1. Remove the emergency key from the F.A.S.T.-key.
2. While pushing the lock release buttons , remove the cover of the ignition switch.
3. Insert the emergency key into the ignition switch
4. Insert the already programmed F.A.S.T.-key into the emergency key
5. Turn the emergency key with F.A.S.T.-key to the “ON” position. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds)
6. Remove the F.A.S.T.-key from the emergency key.
7. With the first valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
8. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 7. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds)
9. With the second valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
10. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 9, and the immobilizer display will blink on the information screen in the multi-information display. (Perform the following procedure within 60 seconds)
11. Press the LOCK button twice with the blank F.A.S.T.-key and the immobilizer display will come on for 30 seconds on the information screen in the multi-information display.
12. This completes the registration of the F.A.S.T.-key. NOTE ● The indicator light (5) comes on each time a button is pressed. ● The keyless entry system does not work if the key is in the ignition switch.