How to Program a 2018 Ford Edge Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
You must have two previously programmed smart keys inside the vehicle and the new unprogrammed smart key readily accessible.
Note: A maximum of four smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle. If you would like to replace a previously programmed smart key with a new smart key, or if you already have four smart keys programmed to your vehicle, you must contact a Locksmith to be erased and reprogrammed.
Ensure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Ensure that all doors are closed before beginning this procedure and that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform this procedure exactly as described below, and perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again. Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Remove the key blade from the smart key remote.
2. Open the center console lid. With the buttons facing upward and the unlock button facing the front of your vehicle, place the first smart key into the backup slot.
3. Press the push button ignition switch.
4. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
5. Remove the smart key.
6. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed smart key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch.
7. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
8. Remove the smart key.
9. Wait five seconds, then place the unprogrammed smart key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch.
Programming is now complete. Check that the remote control functions operate and your vehicle starts with the new smart key. If programming was unsuccessful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.