1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the remote. all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program the them again.
1. Remove the key from the ignition.
2. Close all doors.
3. Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL PGM" fuse.
4. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.
5. Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.
6. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into programming mode.
7. Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
8. Repeat step 7 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition.
10. Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).