How to Program a 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
PLEASE NOTE: When you begin the programming sequence to sync your remote to your installed remote keyless entry (RKE) system, you MUST HAVE ALL OF YOUR REMOTES (Including PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED remote(s)) to be programmed with you at the time of programming…
ALL PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED REMOTES WILL BE ERASED AT THIS TIME.
(This is a safety feature which prevents anyone else from accessing your vehicle.)
KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:
AT TIME OF PROGRAMMING:
ALL remotes to be programmed and/or reprogrammed MUST BE PRESENT.
1. Access the Data link Connector. (Located next to steering column)
2. Using fused jumper wire. (you can jump connectors using a thin wire such as a paperclip if you are unsure please go to your local auto parts store) JUMP connectors G & A in data link connector. (DLC)
3. Doors will lock & unlock indicating programming mode active.
4. To program remotes proceed…
….press any button on the remote – just one time
….doors will lock & unlock to confirm remote is programmed.
5. Repeat above procedure (step 4) for any other remotes.
6. Remove fused jumper wire to exit programming mode.