How to Program a 2014 Cadillac ELR Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:
Programming with a Recognized Transmitter
A new transmitter can be programmed to the vehicle when there is one recognized transmitter.
1. The vehicle must be off and both the recognized and new transmitters must be with you.
2. Remove the key base from the recognized RKE transmitter.
3. Place the recognized transmitter in the cupholder.
4. Insert the vehicle key into the key cylinder above the license plate.
5. Open the trunk.
6. Turn the key clockwise five times within 10 seconds.
7. The DIC displays READY FOR REMOTE KEY 3 or 4, up to 8.
8. Remove the rubber liner to access the pocket. Place the new transmitter on the indent in the center console storage bin.
9. Press the POWER O button.
10. The DIC displays READY FOR REMOTE KEY 4 or 5, up to 8.
11. Press unlock or lock on each newly programmed transmitter to complete the process.
12. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 8–11. Return the key base back into the RKE transmitter.
13. Press and hold the POWER O button for at least 12 seconds to exit programming.
Programming without a Recognized Transmitter
If there are no currently recognized transmitters available, follow this procedure to program up to eight transmitters. This feature is not available in Canada. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The vehicle must be off and all transmitters to be programmed must be present.
1. Remove the key from the transmitter and insert the vehicle key into the key cylinder above the license plate.
2. Open the trunk.
3. Turn the key clockwise five times within 10 seconds. The DIC message displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING PLEASE WAIT.
4. Return the key base back into the RKE transmitter.
5. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON LEARN, then press the POWER O button. The DIC reads REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
6. Repeat Step 5 two additional times. After the third time all previously known transmitters will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining transmitters can be relearned during the next
steps. The DIC display should now show READY FOR REMOTE #1.
7. First remove the rubber liner to access the pocket. Place the new transmitter on the indent in the center console storage bin.
8. Press the POWER O button. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC display will show that it is ready to program the new transmitter.
9. Remove the transmitter from the transmitter pocket and press lock or unlock on the transmitter.
10. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 7–9.11. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the POWER O button for approximately 12 seconds to exit programming mode.