How to Program a 2017 Lincoln MKX Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key
Step by Step How to Program Instructions:
Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key
Note: You can program a maximum of four intelligent access keys to your vehicle.
You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside your vehicle and the new unprogrammed intelligent access keys readily accessible. Contact a locksmith to have the spare key programmed if two previously programmed keys are not available.
Make sure that the ignition is switched off before beginning this procedure. Make sure that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you carry out any steps out of sequence.
Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Open the floor console storage compartment lid.
2. With the buttons facing the rear of your vehicle and the key ring up, place the intelligent access key into the backup slot
3. Press the push button ignition switch.
4. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again.
5. Remove the intelligent access key.
6. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed intelligent access key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch
7. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again
8. Remove the intelligent access key.
9. Wait five seconds, then place the unprogrammed intelligent access key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch.
If programming was unsuccessful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7